BLANDFORD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Download a copy of the Honor Code Here!
Blandford appreciates each child’s uniqueness and encourages both the self confidence to explore creativity and the discipline necessary for learning. We believe that each child needs to be held responsible for their own behavior and achievement. We expect our students to understand that character and honor are as important as academic achievement. The Honor Code incorporates the Community of Caring values of Respect, Caring, Responsibility, Trust, Family, and provides a strong guideline for our Blandford School students. After each value there are examples of that behavior. These are not all of the ways that a child could show the values, but rather a sample.
Our students will:
- Be respectful :
- Wait for others to finish speaking before you speak.
- Raise your hand.
- Use polite language and manners.
- Take care of school materials and property.
- Use active listening skills.
- Be Caring towards others :
- Invite others to play in your game.
- Let someone use the computer with you.
- Make all students feel welcome.
- Consider other people’s feelings.
- Be Responsible and Prepared:
- Have materials organized and ready.
- Have parents sign school communications.
- Complete quality homework and return on time.
- Be on time.
- Eat breakfast.
- Be a contributor:
- Share your knowledge during class discussions.
- Make positive suggestions to classmates and teachers.
- Participate willingly in activities and chores.
- Work and play cooperatively.
Blandford trusts that students will act honorably so as to reflect pride upon themselves, their families, and the school.