Parent Information Webinar Tuesday, July 27 at 6 PM
Register at: https://bit.ly/3x1swoE
School Opening Plans for Fall 2021
Dear Rowland Unified Families:
The 2020-2021 school year required resiliency, determination, flexibility, and much more from all of us. Throughout this year you have taken on new roles that no one ever imagined and we have greatly appreciated your partnership and support during virtual learning.
As we close this school year, we are excited to announce that we are planning to return to full-time, in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 school year. We look forward to welcoming all of our students back to our warm and engaging learning environment that challenges students academically while continuing our focus on safety, care and connection.
We know that many of our students have not attended school in-person since March 2020, and that returning to school in-person will be an adjustment. We are prepared to welcome our students and will continue to provide the supports needed to ensure a positive homecoming for all students.
The health and safety of our students and staff remain a top priority. As we return to in-person learning, we will continue to follow the guidelines required by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and will closely monitor requirements that may shift or change. As a reminder, the District has implemented many health and safety measures for the current 2020-2021 school year which included:
- FDA approved infrared thermal screening camera systems to screen the skin temperatures of students and staff as they enter school sites
- Upgraded classroom ventilation systems and improved cleaning protocols
- Arranged classroom furniture to ensure physical distancing with individual plexiglass dividers on student desks
- Removed drinking fountains and replaced them with touchless bottle filling stations or handwashing sinks
- Placed touchless hand sanitizer stations in all classrooms, offices, and common areas
- Clearly marked social distancing pathways and signage throughout campuses
- Required masks be worn by all students and staff
- Required health screening checks by all students and staff, and those individuals with COVID-19 symptoms are required to stay at home
For families that prefer their child not return in person for the 2021-2022 school year, please contact Annette Ramirez, Director of Student Services at (626) 474-2513 to learn about alternative learning options.
In closing, I want to thank our incredible employees for their extraordinary service and dedication to our students, and to you for your partnership and continued support. We look forward to summer learning and the opening of the 2021-2022 school year with in-person instruction on August 9, 2021.
Julie Mitchell, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools